Jury selection begins in Hyatt trial
Oct 22, 2012 / 12:51 pm
About 400 potential jurors filed into the Kelowna Law Courts Monday morning for selection in trials, including the Ashlee Hyatt murder trial.
A twelve-member jury, plus two alternates, will be selected through challenge for cause today in the trial of a West Kelowna teen accused of stabbing and killing 16-year-old Ashlee Hyatt at a house party in Peachland in June, 2010.
A challenge for cause selection allows for prospective jurors to be dismissed if the court finds reason to believe a person cannot be fair and unbiased in their duty.
The trial is expected to begin Wednesday.
The court has placed a publication ban on the identity of the accused, who was a minor at the time of the offence. The accused is now 18.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17