RCMP seek 'the Ultimate Volunteer'
Oct 21, 2012 / 2:20 pm
The Kelowna RCMP are looking for 'the Ultimate Volunteer' to join the Auxiliary Constable Program.
Auxiliary Constables work to strengthen community and police partnerships by providing volunteers with the opportunity to perform authorized activities in support of strategies to address the cause of, or reduce the fear of, crime and disorder.
As volunteers under the command of the RCMP, their primary purpose is to participate in community policing service activities relating to public safety and crime prevention.
Auxiliary Constables must contribute 160 hours of volunteer time per year, participate in community policing programs and ride on patrol with police officers in a support role.
Training consists of approximately 150 hours of classroom, practical and police defensive techniques and is run over a five month period on consecutive Saturdays, although it may include other periods throughout the week.
To qualify, applicants must be:
- over the age of 19 years
- Canadian Citizen
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Drivers Licence or higher
- Certificate of medical suitability
- pass a suitability interview
- attain RCMP security clearance
- reside in the Central Okanagan
The deadline for applications is December 21, 2012.
Anyone who is interested is encouraged to call Bill Finney, Kelowna RCMP Auxiliary Policing Coordinator, at 250-470-6343 or pick up an application form at the Kelowna RCMP Detachment.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Downtown stabbing mars May long May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18