Ceiling collapse sends man to hospital
Oct 16, 2012 / 11:28 am
The customer of a Kelowna motorsports store is recovering in hospital after the store ceiling suddenly collapsed on him Tuesday morning.
Kelowna RCMP say the man suffered a minor head injury after a portion of the ceiling fell on top of him while in an engine display room at Classified Motorsports just off Springfield Road.
“The ceiling just randomly gave out,” says Patrick Norek, who was in the building at the time of the collapse.
Investigators have not yet determined the cause.
RCMP Cpl. Bill Parmar says the building, which houses several other businesses, appears to be stable, however, the store has been cordoned off.
A representative from JABS Group of Companies, which owns the complex, said the ceiling was up to code.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15