Pickup plows into garage
Oct 15, 2012 / 1:16 pm
The owner of a pickup truck faces potential fines after his vehicle drove into the side of a garage early Saturday morning in the 400 block of Okaview Road.
The incident occurred about 2 a.m.
"Apparently, a Ford pickup truck missed the corner and went off-road to the right, across a front lawn and sideswiped the garage causing extensive damage," says Cst. Kris Clark.
"The driver of the truck fled on foot and was tracked by the police service dog to the next block. It appears that the driver may have been picked up in the area."
Clark says police have spoken with the registered owner of the pickup and are still trying to determine who was behind the wheel at the time.
Clark says the owner could face fines in relation to the crash.
"As a registered owner you can still be charged with fines under the Motor Vehicle Act. There are actually a number of categories you could be fined under," says Clark.
"The registered could be fined for fail to remain at the scene of an accident."
Clark says police are still trying to piece together the circumstances surrounding the crash and are asking anyone with information concerning the incident to contact Kelowna RCMP.
No charges have yet been laid.
Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17