SD23 Board of Education highlights
Oct 14, 2012 / 12:41 pm
The following are highlights from the SD23 Board of Education meeting held Wednesday, October 10, 2012
1. The following new Principal was introduced:
- Trent Dolgopol, Principal, Springvalley Elementary School
1. 2012/2013 Capital Plan Submission
- The Board of Education approved the 2012/2013 Capital Plan for submission to the BC Ministry of Education by October 15, 2012.
The following items were reviewed by the Board:
1. Superintendent’s Emergent Issues
- The Superintendent shared with the Board a newly-released publication from the Ministry titled: Healthy Schools BC Resource Guide for Teaching and Learning. This booklet outlines a Healthy Schools BC Learning Framework which includes the School District No. 23’s Attributes. The Superintendent recognized Director Norm Bradley, Health Promoting Schools Coordinators, Tricia Labrie and Janelle Zebedee, for their involvement in the production of this provincial document.
2. Trustee Attendance at Remembrance Day Ceremonies
- Kelowna: Trustee Gorman and Trustee Brinkerhoff
- Lake Country: Trustee Butler
- Peachland: Trustee Baxter
- Rutland: Trustee Pendharkar and Trustee Cacchioni
- West Kelowna: Trustee Fraser
3. Central Okanagan Teachers’ Association 2012-2013 Executive (Updated)
4. Next Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting Date:
Public Board Meeting
- Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. at the School Board Office. The public is welcome to attend.
Next Board Standing Committee Meeting Dates:
Wednesday, October 17, 2012: 2:00 pm Finance and Legal Committee
4:30 pm Planning and Facilities Committee
Upcoming Public Consultation Meetings:
- The Central Okanagan School District is in the process of updating the District’s Long-Term Facility Plan. The Plan will be driven by educational program requirements, projected enrolment and demographic changes, school operating capacities, and community input.
The community is invited to attend any of the three public consultation meetings which will be held on the
- Thursday, October 18th, 2012 (Westside Area) Mount Boucherie Secondary School (Multi-purpose room) at 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 22, 2012 (Kelowna Area) Hollywood Road Education Services (Room 1) at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 25, 2012 (Lake Country area) George Elliot Secondary School (Community Gym) at 6:30 p.m.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21