Apple Fair serves up Okanagan variety
Oct 14, 2012 / 11:39 am
For the apple lover, and there are many in the Okanagan, the Kelowna Museum's 24th Annual Apple Fair is an event not to be missed.
With the fall harvest coming to an end, the Laurel Packinghouse at 1304 Ellis Street in Kelowna, will host this entertaining celebration of the year's apple crop.
On Saturday, October 20, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the Kelowna Museum Society invites everybody to take in this family friendly event.
“The Apple Fair is a great way to not only learn about the different varieties of apples available here in the Okanagan, but to support your local orchards and take pride in knowing that such food comes from our own back yard,” says Jasmine Marshall, Curatorial Assistant for the Kelowna Museums.
The fair features over 24 varieties, all available to taste, as well as vendors like Rocky Mountain Chocolate, the Spinners and Weavers, Okanagan Tree Fruits and the Women’s shelter.
There is also entertainment from the Westside Square Dance Club scheduled along with other fun events for the whole family.
Admission at the door: $2 per person, $5 per family.
For more information about the 24th Annual Apple Fair visit their website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22