Worker in serious condition after fall
Oct 12, 2012 / 2:30 pm
WorkSafeBC has confirmed that a Kelowna worker is being treated in hospital for a serious head injury after falling 25 feet from a scissor lift Thursday afternoon.
The accident occurred just after 2 p.m. at the Sopa Square construction site on Pandosy Street while the worker, whose identity has not been released, was stripping falsework from the underside of a suspended slab.
Sopa Square is a high-density residential project at Discovery Centre in the South Pandosy neighbourhood.
The man is employed with P218 Enterprises Ltd.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17