Wayward vehicle closes Glenmore
Oct 12, 2012 / 7:55 am
Emergency crews have closed Glenmore Road in both directions near Slater Road due to a wayward vehicle that struck a utility pole early Friday morning.
Kelowna RCMP say the closure will last three to four hours while crews clean up and repair a hydro utility pole that was disturbed in the collision, which occurred at approximately 2:49 a.m.
“The male driver was uninjured in the collision; however, the hydro utility pole sustained extensive damage, posing a risk to the motoring public,” said Cpl. Gurmakh Parmar.
A FortisBC crew is one the scene assessing damage and carrying out repairs. FortisBC has disconnected power in the vicinity of the accident scene.
Motorists are asked to take an alternate route.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14