Ellis St. soaked after pipe bursts
Oct 5, 2012 / 3:20 pm
A stretch of Ellis Street is under water after a water pipe broke on Friday afternoon.
"It's a broken six inch water pipe that's under the road," says Tom Wilson, Communications Supervisor for the City of Kelowna.
The pipe is believed to be affecting the nearby Madison building.
"There is a city crew on the scene right now and they are digging down to find exactly where the leak is and then replace the pipe."
Traffic will be affected as crews perform the repair work. Wilson says they will be directing cars around the area where crews are working, and they may have to close the road until the repairs are complete.
Wilson added that it's unknown at this time how long the repair will take.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22