Update: Motorcycle collides with car
Oct 3, 2012 / 12:00 pm
Update: Wednesday Oct 3, noon: The motorcycle rider involved in Tuesday's two vehicle crash at Leon and Ethel remains in KGH in stable condition. The man underwent knee surgery Tuesday night.
Cpl. Tania Carroll says speed was a factor in the crash. The rider was travelling north on Ethel and crashed into the front quarter-panel of a car travelling east along Leon.
Carroll says traffic at the intersection had stopped to allow the vehicle the opportunity to cross Ethel when the crash occurred. The motorcycle rider was issued several tickets.
The corner of Leon and Ethel was the scene of a serious motorcycle accident this evening (Oct. 2) just before 5 p.m. when the driver of the motorcycle collided with a car during rush hour traffic.
According to officers on the scene the motorcycle and car collided in the middle of the intersection and the motorcycle driver was rushed to KGH for medical observation for head and chest injuries while the driver of the car was unharmed.
Traffic analysts headed to the intersection to review the incident.
The intersection was closed while the crash was investigated.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15