Actors Studio blows out costumes
Sep 28, 2012 / 3:00 pm
Looking to pick up a pair of shoes for $5 - cocktail dress or fur coat for $20 - perhaps you're looking for a unique, one of a kind Halloween costume?
You will find those and then some Saturday at the Kelowna Actors Studio costume and clothing sale.
The Actors Studio every few years as a way to move out older costumes and to benefit the Kelowna Actors Studio Foundation.
"Every two years we do a big costume sale because we have 4,000 or 5,000 costume pieces that we've used on an on-going basis to get room for the new stock because we are starting our 10th anniversary season.," says Artistic Director, Randy Leslie.
"We have shoes, costume pieces from shows like 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.' We have dresses from the 1950's and 60's, ordinary clothing from jeans to dresses. We have a little bit of everything."
Leslie says items will be priced from $5 to $20.
The clothing and costume sale runs from noon to 4 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday) at the Kelowna Actors Studio, 1379 Ellis Street across from the downtown library.
Leslie says items usually go within the first couple of hours.
"Last time there was a line-up," adds Leslie.
Items that are not sold will be donated to other charitable organizations.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18