'Scootering' senior smashed in face
Sep 27, 2012 / 11:48 am
Kelowna RCMP hope someone will come forward with information concerning a seemingly unprovoked attack on a senior Wednesday.
At about noon, RCMP were called to Spall Road and Harvey Avenue after receiving reports that a woman on a scooter had been assaulted.
Police say she was travelling northbound and attempted to pass a man on a the sidewalk when he suddenly struck her in the face.
The woman was nearly knocked to the ground and into traffic. She suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Several passersby stopped to assist, but say the suspect continued on his way without a second look.
He was last seen heading northbound on Spall before turning west onto Harvey Avenue.
He is described as a Caucasian in his 20s, approximately 5'10", 200 to 220 pounds with a medium to heavy build. He was clean shaven with short dark-brown hair.
The suspect was last seen wearing a long sleeve grey T-shirt with blue jeans and over-the-ear headphones.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18