Sun-Rype, union agree on 8-year deal
Sep 27, 2012 / 5:00 am
Labour peace has been ensured at Kelowna's Sun-Rype operation for the next eight years.
The new agreement supersedes the current agreement.
It expires August 31, 2020.
The deal between the company and Teamsters Union 213 was ratified August 19, however, it remained subject to certain conditions which were satisfied Tuesday.
"We are extremely pleased to have a long-term deal in place prior to expiration of the current agreement," says Sun-Rype President and CEO, Dave McAnerney.
"This agreement provides labour stability at our Kelowna facility which plays a key role in Sun-Rype's long-term growth strategy."
Sun-Rype employees staged a four month strike back in the winner of 2007 and 2008 before agreeing on a four year contract.
Details of the current agreement were not made available.
Union officials did not return calls requesting comment.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Missing teenager Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17