Candyman bares more than sweets
Sep 25, 2012 / 4:28 pm
This wasn't your ordinary candyman and these weren't your ordinary treats.
A 29-year-old Surrey man faces drug charges after candies he was allegedly trying to sell were found to contain THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)
THC is the principle psychoactive element in marijuana.
Back on August 31, Kelowna RCMP received reports a man may have been selling drugs to young kids out of his car at Leon Avenue and Richter Street.
Police checked the driver and the vehicle and seized a small bag of suspicious candies.
Cst. Kris Clark says the candies appeared to be rootbeer flavoured but police believed they may have contained something less appropriate for children.
"A sample of the candies was sent to the lab and analysis showed them to contain THC," says Clark.
The suspect was originally released without being charged, however, he now faces a potential charge of Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22