Fire evacuates KGH
Sep 24, 2012 / 6:25 pm
Fire crews are investigating what they believe was an electrical fire that evacuated the Strathcona wing of Kelowna General Hospital Monday evening. The fire was extinguished by hospital staff before fire crews arrived.
The Kelowna Fire Department says an electrical receptacle on the wall of a hallway may have caused the fire around 5 p.m.
Everyone in the building was evacuated safely.
The fire department was first alerted to the fire after someone inside the building pulled the fire alarm.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17