Playground getting into a new swing
Sep 24, 2012 / 2:43 pm
The playground at Mission Creek Regional Park is set to undergo a complete overhaul.
Equipment from the playground, which is more than 20-years-old, will be removed and replaced with new equipment and an updated play structure.
The new play structure is being funded in part by the Orchard City Lions Club. It is designed for children up to age 12.
Construction will also see installation of a new multisensory play area along with an upgraded safety surfacing made from recycled tires.
A grant from Tire Stewardship BC made the new surface possible.
Demolition of the current playground will begin Wednesday, September 26.
The new playground is expected to be complete by late November or early December.
The area will be fenced off during demolition and construction.
Final design of the new playground was developed with input from several organizations including Community Action Towards Children's Health, Community Recreational Initiatives Society and the Central Okanagan Parent Advisory Council.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21