Man outgrows licence
Sep 20, 2012 / 12:12 pm
A 42-year-old Kelowna man could face charges of production of a controlled substance despite having a medical marijuana licence.
Kelowna RCMP seized 171 marijuana plants and a half pound of bud after executing a search warrant on an apartment in the 2200 block of Benvoulin Road Wednesday.
Police say the occupant had a medical marijuana licence, but not for the apartment.
"Not only was the licence for a different address, but he had only been approved for just over half of the amount that was found growing," said Cst. Kris Clark.
Charges have not yet been laid as the investigation continues.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Downtown stabbing mars May long May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18