Furnace blaze quickly extinguished
Sep 17, 2012 / 7:57 pm
Neighbours of Southwind Drive were quick to dial 9-1-1 Monday morning, after spotting white smoke billowing from a home.
Fire crews arrived on scene to find flames in the crawl space of the house.
Platoon Captain Laurie Serries says he believes the furnace caused the fire, but that the incident was still under investigation.
"There is some smoke damage and some charring apparently underneath there. It melted one of the water lines underneath, so there will probably be some water damage as well."
No one was home at the time of the blaze. Depending on the damage to the home, the residents may be placed in the care of emergency services.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Play! On Kelowna street hockey gallery May 25
- Bennett bridge opened 5 years ago today May 25
- Hundreds march against Monsanto May 25
- McDonald's CEO chastised by 9-year-old May 25
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23