Neighbours 'bucket line' Knox fire
Sep 17, 2012 / 6:34 am
Neighbours worked as a team to stop a brush fire from exploding up Knox Mountain Sunday afternoon.
They used buckets and hoses and formed a line to get water on the fire.
William Neal, who shot the above video, says the fire started around noon off of Clifton Road.
"I noticed smoke and ran over. People were already there trying to put it out."
He says the fire department showed up in 10 to 15 minutes and they put the fire out quickly.
The fire size was estimated at 10-15 square metres.
It might have been started by people working to remove an old tree stump.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17