13-year-old robbed of scooter
Sep 12, 2012 / 1:49 pm
A 13-year-old boy is without his preferred mode of transportation after two older boys stole his scooter Monday night.
The incident occurred about 6 p.m. on Cactus Road in Rutland.
Police say two older boys jumped the 13-year-old from behind, held his arms and swiped his scooter before taking off.
The victim was not injured during the attack.
"Police searched the area but the suspects could not be located," says Cst. Kris Clark.
The scooter is white with pink handlebars, one green tire and one brown tire.
The first suspect is described as Caucasian, about 16-years-old, between 5'5" and 5'8" with short brown hair. He was wearing a black shirt with a skull symbol and grey pants.
The second suspect is described as Caucasian, about 5'5" to 5'8" with darker skin. He was wearing a yellow shirt with brown shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.crimestoppers.net to report.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15