Gun violence sends one to hospital
Sep 11, 2012 / 3:16 pm
One man is in hospital while a second man cools his heels behind bars after a dispute between the two turned violent.
Police were called to an apartment building in the 2300 block of Richter Street about 8:45 Tuesday morning for a complaint of an assault involving a gun.
Cst. Kris Clark says the dispute apparently turned violent when the resident, a 31-year-old man, brandished a handgun and struck the other man with it.
The victim, a 44-year-old man was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
"The 31-year-old man was taken into custody by police and efforts are ongoing to retrieve the firearm from the home," says Clark.
"No charges have been laid and police continue to investigate."
Clark says it is too early in the investigation to determine if, or when, the 31-year-old man will be released.
"He could face multiple charges related to the incident."
Both men are from Kelowna.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17