Teen attacks bus driver
Sep 7, 2012 / 2:31 pm
An 18-year-old from Banff is facing potential assault charges after a confrontation with a school bus driver yesterday afternoon.
On September 6, at 3:30 p.m., the Kelowna RCMP received a report of an assault in progress in front of Kelowna Senior Secondary School, located at 1079 Raymer Avenue.
Apparently, a man in a black Jeep was speeding through the school zone and driving erratically. The bus driver noticed the dangerous driving behaviour and, knowing that children were at risk, engaged his stop sign and positioned his bus in an attempt to block the erratic driver.
The driver continued on his way but returned on foot to engage the bus driver in a physical confrontation. Police responded quickly to the scene and took the man into custody.
The teen faces a potential assault charge and was released on a Promise to Appear. He also received a ticket for Driving Without Due Care and Attention, which carries a fine of $368.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8