Burning hedge might be arson
Sep 7, 2012 / 6:42 am
Kelowna Fire Department personnel responded to a report of a hedge and fence on fire at 645 Francis Ave. at 9 p.m. Thursday.
Three engines and 16 firefighters responded to the scene, with assistance from RCMP.
Upon arrival, KFD crews found fire and smoke coming from the rear of the property.
Platoon Captain, Kelly Stephens says, "Quick action by the first arriving Engine Company contained the fire to the fence, wood pile and tree. A garage nearby sustained a small amount of damage."
Fire and RCMP investigator’s were on scene to determine the cause of the fire. A cause and damage estimate is yet to be determined.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22