Pot of grease sets house on fire
Sep 7, 2012 / 6:29 am
At approximately 10:30 p.m. Thursday the Kelowna Fire Dept responded to a structure fire at 402 Laurel Rd.
Upon arrival fire crews found a four-plex with moderate smoke coming out of an open front door.
A total of three engines, a rescue vehicle and 16 personnel managed to contain the fire to the kitchen area.
Two residents of the home had smoke inhalation and were checked over by ambulance crews. They were not taken to hospital.
The cause of the fire was a pot of grease on the stove that ignited.
This is the second fire crews had to respond to last night.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21