Impaired at 6 a.m. and causing havoc
Sep 4, 2012 / 1:36 pm
A 20-year-old Kelowna man involved in an early-morning crash on Highway 33 Tuesday faces potential impaired driving charges after blowing over twice the legal limit.
At 6 a.m., the RCMP received a report of a multiple vehicle collision on Highway 33 at Hollywood Road.
Witnesses indicated that a yellow Audi was eastbound on Highway 33 when it attempted to make a left-hand turn at Hollywood Road despite the oncoming traffic.
A westbound Chevy pickup impacted the Audi The force of the collision redirecting the truck into a traffic light pole on Hollywood Road.
The driver apparently smelled of liquor, failed a roadside test, and later provided breath samples of more than twice the legal limit.
The 20-year-old Kelowna man was released on a Promise to Appear for Court in December and faces potential impaired driving charges.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21