Deceased swimmer identified
Aug 22, 2012 / 3:34 pm
The BC Coroners Service has identified the man who drowned in Okanagan Lake in front of Hot Sands Beach earlier this week.
The man was 26-year-old Nicholas Tal Salisbury.
Salisbury is a resident of Vernon although he has been living in Kelowna.
His body was discovered Monday afternoon shortly after 1 p.m. by Steve Brown, a tourist from Calgary who had been snorkelling in the area.
Salisbury's body was discovered in about 1.5 metres of water about three metres from shore.
His bicycle and backpack were found nearby.
An official cause of death has not yet been released, however, it is believed Salisbury drowned.
The coroner has ruled out foul play.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17