Bank robber taken down at The Bay
Aug 21, 2012 / 4:40 pm
The Bay in Orchard Park in Kelowna was partially evacuated for several minutes Tuesday afternoon while police dealt with a robbery suspect.
Police were called to a report of a bank robbery at the Royal Bank branch in Orchard Plaza across the street from The Bay sometime after 4 p.m.
The suspect fled the bank followed by a witness who tailed the man across Cooper and into The Bay.
Cpl. Bill Parmar says the suspect changed his clothes inside The Bay prior to police arrival, however, he was apprehended a short time later while still inside the store.
A separate investigation was underway at the bank and Parmar says he was not familiar with any of the details.
He says police are still trying to determine whether the suspect had a weapon.
The investigation continues.
The Bay is back to business as usual.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18