Airline to increase YLW service
Aug 21, 2012 / 4:07 pm
Before United Airlines actually starts flying into Kelowna International Airport (YLW) an additional flight has been added.
Bolstered by higher than expected early bookings on the new daily Los Angeles (LAX) flight scheduled to begin Dec. 19, United Airlines is now adding a second seasonal Saturday flight to operate Jan. 5 to April 6, 2013.
"The inbound ski industry as well as outbound holiday travelers, will see this as very good news," says Jenelle Hynes, YLW marketing and media relations. "This additional Saturday flight has been specifically timed to link YLW to Sydney and Melbourne, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand."
Daily service on United Airlines Express between LAX and YLW was announced on July 10, 2012.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Bridging the cap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17