Update: Missing teen found safe
Aug 20, 2012 / 11:00 am
Update 12:45 p.m. - Zachary Ramsden has returned home safely.
Kelowna RCMP is still concerned over the whereabouts of a 14-year-old Kelowna boy who left home nearly three weeks ago and has not returned.
On August 1, at 10:30 p.m., RCMP received a report of a missing person from the 3800 block of Tillicum Court.
The officers were told Zachary Ramsden left home after a heated argument and has not returned since.
Police say Ramsden may be experimenting with alcohol and drug use and there are concerns for his well-being.
They believe that he may be living with friends, possibly in the Mission area of Kelowna.
Although there has been some activity on social media, Cst. Kris Clark says police need to speak with him directly to determine his welfare.
Ramsden is described as a Caucasian boy, 5'8" and 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with any information regarding his whereabouts is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17