Second death in plane crash
Aug 16, 2012 / 11:51 am
The BC Coroners Service has confirmed a second person has died following the crash of a small plane near Brenda Mines on Aug. 13.
She is Lauren Patricia Sewell, 24, of Surrey.
Sewell was a passenger aboard a Piper Comanche plane that went down about 30 kilometres west of Kelowna on the afternoon of Aug. 13.
She was airlifted to hospital in Kelowna but was found to have suffered injuries in the crash that were not survivable.
Two other persons aboard the plane when it crashed remain in hospital, with serious injuries. Jayson Dallas Wesley Smith, 30, of Vancouver died at the scene.
The plane crash is still under investigation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- RCMP look for man with a gun Jun 19
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18