Witnesses sought in group assault
Aug 16, 2012 / 7:07 am
Kelowna RCMP continue to look for witnesses who may have seen an assault in downtown Kelowna during the August long weekend.
On Monday, August 6 at 1:20 a.m. while conducting vehicle patrols in the downtown core, an RCMP member was waved down and advised of an assault that had just occurred on the corner of Bernard Avenue and Ellis Street.
Apparently two men had been assaulted by a larger group, with at least one of the victims suffering serious non-life threatening injuries.
Both men were taken to the hospital for medical treatment.
Witness reports indicated there were five or six men involved in the assault which appeared to be unprovoked.
The suspects are described to all be about 25 to 30 years of age with large builds in the range of 240 pounds.
One man was seen wearing a white tank top.
Police have spoken with a number of witnesses but are seeking further information in an attempt to identify the suspects.
Anyone with any information regarding this crime is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP, Cst McQuade, at 250-762-3300.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Play! On Kelowna street hockey gallery May 25
- Bennett bridge opened 5 years ago today May 25
- Hundreds march against Monsanto May 25
- McDonald's CEO chastised by 9-year-old May 25
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23