Road closures for Apple Triathlon
Aug 19, 2012 / 8:19 am
30th Annual Kelowna Apple Triathlon
The 30th Annual Apple Triathlon continues on Sunday. In order to coordinate the individual events, a number of roads throughout downtown and Glenmore will be closed.
Motorists are encouraged to give themselves extra time or use alternate routes to avoid delays, as well as observe all traffic controls and on-site personnel.
The following roads will be closed on Sunday, August 19 starting at 6 a.m. Roads will re-open in stages starting at 12:30 p.m. in the Glenmore area. All roads should be open by 4:00 p.m.
- Water Street, from Cawston Avenue to Queensway Avenue (local traffic only)
- Water Street, from Cawston Avenue to Ellis Street (midnight – 5 p.m.)
- Queensway Avenue, from Water Street to Mill Street (eastbound lane will be open to traffic)
- Mill Street, from Queensway to Bernard Avenues (eastbound lane will be open to traffic)
- Abbott Street, from Mill Street to Highway 97 (northbound lane will be open to traffic)
- Abbott Street, from Hwy 97 to Lake Avenues (northbound lane will be open to traffic)
- Clement Avenue, from Water Street to Ellis Street
- Clement Avenue, from Spall Road to Graham Street (north side only)
- Graham Street, from Clement Avenue to Coronation Avenue
- Ellis Street, from Cawston Avenue to Knox Mountain Drive
- Cawston Avenue, from St. Paul Street to Water Street
- Coronation Avenue, from Graham Street to St. Paul Street
- St. Paul Street, from Coronation Avenue to Cawston Avenue
- Knox Mountain Drive (from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Royal View Drive, and Mount Royal Drive from Knox Mountain to Mountain Avenue(westbound /northbound traffic only)
- Mountain Avenue, from Royal View Drive to Clifton Road
- Clifton Road, from Mountain Avenue to High Road
- High Road, from Clifton Road to Glenmore Road
- Glenmore Road, from Ballou/Kane Road to Clement Avenue (southbound lanes closes: two northbound lanes will be divided to accommodate two-way traffic)
Parking closures (6 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Dolphins parking lot (from midnight – 11 p.m.)
- Water Street Boat Launch lot
- City Park parking lot
- Yacht Club parking lot
Boat Launch Closures (6 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Water Street
- Sutherland Park
Alternate boat launch available at Cook Road.
Downtown courtesy tows will be to the parking lot located on the corner of Ellis Street and Doyle Avenue. Towed vehicles in residential areas will be relocated around the corner or across the street to keep off race course.
Transit service will be affected as well, specifically #7 Glenmore and #10 Rutland routes. For details on bus schedules during the event visit www.busonline.ca or call 250-860-8121.
Motorists are asked to use caution and keep an eye out for athletes during and prior to the event as some will be familiarizing themselves with the course.
For more information, visit www.appletriathlon.com.
For more information about road closures and to view a race map, visit kelowna.ca/roadreport.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15