RCMP seek witnesses to savage attack
Aug 13, 2012 / 2:12 pm
The Kelowna RCMP are continuing to search for a group of people who assaulted and savagely beat a pair of men from Clearwater.
Cst. Kris Clark says the incident occurred around 1:20 a.m., Monday August 6 somewhere in the vicinity of Bernard and Ellis.
"They got jumped by ... three to six people. One of the men sustained significant injuries requiring facial reconstruction surgery."
The second man was also sent to Kelowna General Hospital after the beating.
The victims told the RCMP the attack was unprovoked.
"The investigation is on going but we just have a minimal clothing description, but how many thousands of people kind of matched that decision last weekend? Certainly we are looking for any help in trying to identify (and we ask) witnesses to come forward to provide information on what happened."
Clark says there was at least two women who were there when the fight started and called 9-1-1, but their identity is unknown.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300 or Crime Stoppers.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22