Physical altercation leads to stabbing
Aug 9, 2012 / 2:08 pm
One man is in hospital while another finds himself behind bars after a stabbing in Kelowna Wednesday night.
According to police, the two men were engaged in a physical altercation in the 1800 block of Abbott Street shortly after 5 p.m.
The altercation escalated to the point where one man was stabbed.
The 48-year-old victim was rushed to Kelowna General Hospital with serious, non-life threatening injuries.
He remains in hospital in stable condition.
The 50-year-old suspect was arrested moments after the incident was reported.
He remains in custody and is expected to appear in court Thursday on potential charges of Aggravated Assault.
Both men are from Kelowna.
RCMP continue to investigate.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21