Seized boat confirmed stolen
Aug 8, 2012 / 4:48 pm
RCMP have confirmed a boat seized Saturday at the Eldorado boat launch was stolen.
The boat was apparently stolen from a Kelowna boat dealership back in the spring of 2008.
The black F23 Tomcat, along with the trailer, were valued at $85,000 new.
The boat was one of two seized on the weekend after police believed them to be stolen and their Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) altered.
Two people were arrested when the Tomcat was seized at the Eldorado boat launch. A 31-year-old Surrey man was released on a Promise to Appear in September.
About 12:45 Sunday, police conducted a vehicle stop on a Dodge Ram pulling a boat and trailer.
The Sanger Black Scorpion also appeared to have an altered HIN and was seized for further investigation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22