RCMP chase man through COG crowd
Aug 7, 2012 / 12:13 pm
A 42-year-old Kelowna man is potentially facing multiple charges after fleeing from a police roadblock and refusing to provide a breath sample.
On August 4, at 1:42am, a Central Okanagan Traffic Services member was conducting a roadblock at Abbott Street and Leon Avenue when he checked the driver of a Ford Explorer. The police officer noticed an overwhelming odour of liquor and signs of impairment from the man, and directed him to pull to the side of the road. The man then sped away, amongst hundreds of pedestrians, before jumping out of the vehicle and attempting to flee on foot.
The man was captured by police and transported to the detachment, but refused to provide breath samples. The man was found to have no driver’s license due to a previous impaired conviction and was on conditions not to consume liquor.
Craig Russell Thomas faces charges of Obstruction, Dangerous Driving, Fail or Refuse to Provide a Breath Sample and Fail to Comply with Probation Order. THOMAS has since been released by a JJP for Court on August 20.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- RCMP look for man with a gun Jun 19
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18