Centre of a good time
Aug 7, 2012 / 12:09 pm
Over the BC Day long weekend, Kelowna hosted what is arguably one of the biggest events of the year during one of the hottest weekends of the summer.
From August 3rd to August 6th, 2012, the Center of Gravity was held in City Park with an array of sports, demonstrations, vendors and entertainment.
For the duration of Center of Gravity, there were about 35 files associated to the park, but not necessarily associated to the event.
The vast majority of incidents police were called to deal with were alcohol or drug-induced intoxication with many people being sent to the hospital due to the severity of their state.
First aid people on hand at COG said many people were suffering from a lack of water. Ironically, Monster energy drinks were being handed out for free, but small water bottles were being sold for $4.
RCMP say overall, the event went very well with ICM Security again doing a good job of minimizing calls for service to the RCMP.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22