Power outage in Glenmore area
Aug 6, 2012 / 9:42 am
Power has been restored to a few thousand residents in the Glenmore area, following an outage early Monday morning around 7:20 a.m.
The problem was a result of some damage to the Glenmore substation, said a spokesperson for FortisBC.
To keep cool and reduce energy use during these hot August days, Fortis recommends reducing the use of heat producing appliances, such as hanging clothes to dry rather than using a dryer, keeping windows and curtains closed during the day, using only essential appliances during the day, setting your air conditioner a few degrees higher and cooling only the rooms you are using.
In recent months Fortis has been handing out free clotheslines at community events in the Okanagan.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21