Rotary Centre hires new GM
Aug 2, 2012 / 4:35 pm
Officials with the Rotary Centre for the Arts hope they got it right this time.
The RCA announced Thursday the appointment of Patrick LeBlanc as its new General Manager.
LeBlanc replaces Executive Director, Tracie Ward, who passed away suddenly at the end of March.
The RCA had offered the position to Valerie Cooper in May.
Cooper, the former president and CEO of the Art Gallery of Calgary had accepted the position, however, the offer was rescinded after it was reported she was the subject of a civil lawsuit and a criminal investigation over allegations she stole nearly $500,000 from the gallery through falsified expenses.
A search for a new general manager began again after the offer was rescinded.
LeBlanc assumes his new role August 20 after spending more than 25 years as an Arts Administrator in BC and Ontario.
Most recently, he was Managing Director for the East Kootenay's regional arts facility, the Key City Theatre.
"I'm really excited to be joining the team at the Rotary Centre for the Arts. Walking into the RCA was love at first site for me," stated LeBlanc.
"The innovative programs, the bistro, Mary Irwin Theatre, all the activity - there's just so much going on here and it has such great energy. I can't wait to be part of it."
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17