299km/h speeder update
Jul 26, 2012 / 2:13 pm
Randy George Scott was released from custody without making a court appearance, Wednesday.
The motorcycle speeder consented to return to Victoria, where he will appear in court on August 16.
The Victoria man was placed under several conditions regarding his release, including a driving ban.
Scott gained infamy after recording himself doing 299 km/h on a motorcycle on the Island Highway. He turned himself into police in Kelowna Tuesday night.
A warrant for Scott's arrest had been issued by police in Saanich.
The warrant was issued last week after police obtained a copy of a video posted on YouTube allegedly showing Scott on a Yamaha motorcycle weaving in and out of traffic and passing between vehicles at dangerous speeds of up of 299 km/h.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Play! On Kelowna street hockey gallery May 25
- Bennett bridge opened 5 years ago today May 25
- Hundreds march against Monsanto May 25
- McDonald's CEO chastised by 9-year-old May 25
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23