Local Hells Angel back in court
Jul 18, 2012 / 4:01 pm
A high profile Hells Angel was in a Kelowna court room, Wednesday.
Joseph Bruce Skreptak appeared before a Supreme Court Justice, for a bail hearing, on possession of a controlled substance, break and enter, aggravated assault with intent, uttering threats and a host of fire arm charges.
Skreptak, said to be one of the founding members of the Kelowna Chapter of the Hells Angels, was arrested in November of 2010 after he and four others were pulled over for speeding near Salmon Arm.
Inside the car police found a number of weapons and a small quantity of drugs. Skreptak is also charged with break and enter at a home in Rutland, where he allegedly assaulted two men who were inside.
The Hells Angel was out on bail, but a warrant was issued for his arrest last week, he turned himself in on Friday. He will spend the weekend in jail and appear before the courts again on Monday to fix a date for a hearing.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22