Van fire lays smoke on Hwy. 97
Jul 18, 2012 / 12:49 pm
A VW Van is a complete loss after a fire ripped through the vehicle Wednesday morning.
The fire started in the van around 11:30 a.m. near the White Spot on Hwy. 97 and Dilworth in Kelowna.
The fire seemed to start in the rear engine compartment and quickly spread. The owner tried to extinguish it himself, but it appeared to get away from him. Fire crews were on the scene in a short period of time and doused the fire.
There are not reports of injuries.
Traffic was backed up for a short period of time as the thick smoke lingered over the highway.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22