Beware of 'Need Cash For Tow' scam
Jul 12, 2012 / 11:30 am
If someone knocks on your door looking for cash to have his broken down vehicle towed away, keep your money in your pocket.
Kelowna RCMP say it's a scam.
Cpl. Andy Burpee says the man is known to police and has pulled this scam numerous times in the past.
The suspect is 40-years-old, stands 5'9" and weights about 180 lbs.
He has shorter brown hair and hazel eyes.
Burpee says he presents himself well and is always polite.
If this man turns up at your door you're asked to contact police at 250-762-3300.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Bridging the cap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17