A 'Lotto' tickets being sold
Jul 6, 2012 / 1:50 pm
It looks like BC residents are going mad for Lotto-Max.
Lured by the $50 million jackpot, plus at least another 50 prizes of $1 million, tickets for the Friday night draw are selling like hot-cakes.
Sarah Morris, Public Affairs Officer for BCLC says between 6:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. today they have sold approximately $2.5million in Lotto Max tickets.
That equates to approximately 245,000 tickets.
Morris adds that the biggest rush is still to come.
"During regular work hours sales are slower, however they peak at lunchtime and after 4:00 p.m. At lunchtime today from 12-1 p.m. we sold approximately $600,000 in Lotto Max tickets."
A call to the Capri Mall Ticket Centre found one extremely busy ticket seller who says ticket sales have been brisk.
"I've got about 20 people in line right now."
The cut-off for ticket sales in BC is 6:00 p.m., on Friday, July 6.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16