Three trials planned for Foerster
Jul 5, 2012 / 4:22 pm
Matthew Stephen Foerster will be tried by judge and jury for the first degree murder of Armstrong teen Taylor Van Diest.
Foerster appeared by video in a Kelowna court room Thursday.
Crown and defence agreed that they will meet again next week to set a date for a pre trial conference, that is likely to take place in August.
The 26-year-old Cherryville resident is also facing charges of Break and Enter, assault and Unlawful Confinement stemming from a home invasion back in 2004. As well as charges of Sexual Assault and Unlawful Confinement relating to an incident at the Garden of Eden in Kelowna in 2005.
Both the home invasion file and the sexual assault case will be tried in front a Supreme Court Judge alone, as the accused waved his right to a preliminary hearing.
Both matters have been adjourned to July 23, where Foerster will once again appear by video from the Fraser Regional correctional centre to set a date for two separate trials.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17