Home alone boy's texts stop robbery
Jun 19, 2012 / 10:37 am
Castanet's Kelly Hayes reports.
Kelowna RCMP have one man in custody following a daytime break-in on Hollywood Road South Tuesday. Police continue to search for two more suspects.
The home was occupied by a 14-year-old boy who hid in a closet when he heard the suspects in the house.
The boy sent a text to a friend calling for help. The friend called the boy's grandfather, who in turn, called the police.
One of the suspects was apprehended at the scene, but the other two suspects escaped.
Police seized a number of items from the suspect including break-in tools and a bottle of booze.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14