Trial date set for robbery suspect
Jun 18, 2012 / 12:44 pm
The man charged with robbing Savemore Pawnbrokers on Asher Road, in February, had his trial date confirmed on Monday.
The trial for Zachary William Worrall, 23, will take place over three days from October 29 to 31.
Worrall is accused of striking the owner of the pawnshop on the back of the head and stealing a significant amount of jewellery before fleeing the scene on a bicycle.
The owner of the store had to be taken to Kelowna General Hospital. He is now out of hospital, but he tells Castanet he is still recovering from the injuries.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21