Dunk a cop in ice water & help others
Jun 15, 2012 / 12:53 pm
Freeze the Fuzz for Special Olympics is on today and tomorrow (Friday June15 and Sat. June 15) at Wal Mart in Kelowna.
Local members of the RCMP will take to the flat deck trailer to raise money in support of the B.C. Special Olympics with their annual Free the Fuzz event.
People are encouraged to come down and try and dunk one of the members in ice water. It costs $50 a try, last year $16,000 was raised in total, $5,000 from Wal Mart.
Some of the things you will see this year are: police in snorkel gear and water wings, Safety Bear and Ed Sullivan. Yes, Ed Sullivan, who could it be? Come out and find out.
The RCMP say our local Special Olympic athletes have done very well this year and their year ahead looks really promising. They could not do what they do without the money that the community provides so we're hoping for a good showing this year.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15