Faster than cops, slower than K9
Jun 14, 2012 / 11:02 am
Two men were arrested after fleeing from a van that had been stolen in Valemount last week.
Kelowna RCMP received a called of a suspicious vehicle on the 800 block of Dalton Road around 8:20 a.m. Wednesday.
A grey Dodge Caravan had been parked there for a couple days and it was believed that people were squatting inside.
Codee Mullin, 18 and David Millis-Gladu, 18, fled the van when police attended the scene to investigate. Mullin was quickly caught and arrested. Mills-Gladu was later apprehended by a police service dog on Houghton Road after a lengthy foot chase.
Mills-Gladu had to receive medical attention for his minor injuries he obtained during his flight and arrest.
Both men were held in custody and appeared in court Wednesday.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21