Bridge closure on McCulloch Road
Jun 13, 2012 / 4:48 pm
The City of Kelowna is closing the access to the McCulloch Road bridge crossing at KLO Creek immediately.
A safety inspection has determined significant deterioration of one of the abutments, meaning the bridge will need emergency repair.
Erosion of the stream bank is contributed by the recent higher than normal creek flows from heavy rainfall and above-average snow pack.
The closure will be in effect over the next week while repairs are underway; alternate access is via Highway 33.
Emergency Services have activated its plans for this type of event and will ensure emergency coverage is maintained during this closure.
For the most up to date information on road work, road closures and potential delays, visit kelowna.ca/roadreport.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21